Yoga & Pilates Classes
Find a class that suit your lifestyle and schedule
The Mind Body Clinic offers yoga and Pilates classes that are special. Firstly, our teachers have been carefully selected for both their dedication to their craft and most importantly their ability to teach. Our classes are held for a maximum of 6 people, which means everyone gets personal tuition during the class. Small classes also allow us to accommodate a range of abilities from beginners through to advanced levels. Not only will our classes improve flexibility, strength and fitness (both physical and mental) but also where appropriate can be used to address specific ailments and conditions resulting from injuries and wear and tear.
Class Timetable (All classes are for 1 hour):
- Monday 9.30am Hatha Yoga (Mixed Ability)
- Monday 6.30pm Vinyasa Yoga (Mixed Ability)
- Monday 8.00pm Slow Flow & Meditation (Mixed Ability)
- Tuesday 6.30pm Ashtanga Yoga (Mixed Ability)
- Wednesday 9.30am Hatha Yoga (Mixed Ability)
- Wednesday 6.30pm Pilates (Mixed Ability)
- Wednesday 7.45pm Pilates (Mixed Ability)
- Thursday 9.30am Ashtanga Yoga (Mixed Ability)
- Thursday 7.15pm Daisy Birthing Classes
- Saturday 9.30am Beginners Yoga (Beginners)
- Saturday 11.00am Hatha Yoga (Mixed Ability)
Class Prices (Yoga / Pilates):
- Single class taster £5 / £7 (One time use per client)
- Drop-in rate £10 / £12
- Buy a course of 6 for £54 / £60
- Maximum of 6 in a class
Hatha in its original form is a term used to describe all styles of yoga such as Asthanga, Iyengar, and Vinyasa Flow. In the West it has come to describe a less dynamic style of yoga that is suitable for complete beginners, as well as the seasoned yogi. Hatha translates as Ha meaning 'sun' and Tha meaning 'moon' and relates to the masculine / feminine; active/ passive elements in all of us with the aim of creating balance within us between the two. This is still a powerful style of yoga, with a slower flow through the asanas (poses), the emphasis being on alignment and breathing into the poses thus bringing awareness to the body and breath.
A class open to all levels, consisting of traditional yoga postures designed to build strength, flexibility, fitness and focus. Improve posture, stretch out tight muscles and release tension. Our aim is to unite breathe, body and concentration in a steady flow, letting go of the day and finding a deeper connection within.
Ashtanga yoga is a system of yoga developed for the modern world by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois (1915-2009). This method of yoga involves synchronizing the breath with a progressive series of postures—a process producing intense internal heat and a profuse, purifying sweat that detoxifies muscles and organs. The result is improved circulation, a light and strong body, and a calm mind.
Slow Flow Meditation
A sequence of gentle, meditative yoga postures to help you de-stress, slow down, ground yourself and restore energy.
There is a focus on staying in the present moment to calm the mind and let go of any anxieties and worries. This is a class for the over-worked and over-stretched, who want space to breath deeply, let stress go and regain a sense of balance and ease in their life. Suitable for all.
- Basic Asanas ( Yoga poses) : Detailed breakdown of seated, lying, kneeling and standing postures
- Step by step guide to Sun Salutation
- Basic principles of the breath (pranayama) and breathing exercises
- Important Alignment details to avoid a false or weightbearing posture
- Appropriate use of props ( bolser, blocks, straps, blankets etc.)
- Individual assistance, supports and adjustments according to your needs and body
- Guided relaxation and meditation exercises
So what are you doing to let your body de-stress?
A pilates class will still release those lovely happy hormones but without over taxing those adrenals. Pilates will re-energise your body. You will still feel you have worked your body but in an inside out way.
So, if you want to improve your flexibility, lose those aches and pains, reduce the likelihood of injuries from other fitness activities, feel stronger, leaner, taller and have a greater sense of wellbeing, then our de-stress Pilates classes will help you improve your body as well as your mind. We ensure that from the first session our class will work for you so that you work at the correct level for your ability even in a mixed group.
You can expect to:
- Improve your posture
- Learn how to relax through breathing more efficiently
- Move more freely, letting go of tension and stress
- Get a great understanding of what Pilates is about and what it can do for you
Pilates is an ongoing education that becomes part of your lifestyle to help you improve and maintain your flexibility as you grow older, looking after your spine and joints and mind.